• March 7You can now order yearbooks from the window at activities!

• February 19Senior t-shirts and sweatshirts are still on sale, visit activities during lunch to purchase one

• February 14AP Exam registration and ordering are now open online. Registration closes on Feb. 22nd

Study Jam

Back to Article
Back to Article

Study Jam

Jacob Williams, Writer

When finals week approaches students tend to become nervous and get anxious. Norco High AVID wanted to help students by hosting this year’s study jam.

The study jam was held on Monday December 17th from 3-9 in the library. At the study jam there were AVID tutors that are there to tutor students, and counselors will also attend to help seniors apply for the FASFA and college. There was free hot chocolate, and drinks and pizza was sold for a dollar a piece.

In a recent interview with one of the AVID teachers, Mr. Button, he said, “The study jam is a way to give back to the school.” What AVID wants to accomplish during this event was to “ensure students have assistance and do well on finals.” AVID worked on this event for a month, so they hoped they could help as many students as they could. When asked why students tend to get anxiety during finals, Mr. Button said, “They are being tested on knowledge they aren’t comfortable with.” The only way to overcome it is to study and become more knowledgeable, and maybe think about attending school sponsored study jams.

Students walked through the door with smiles on their faces, ready to learn and enjoy the evening. “It was a great way to study and the math help really made me ready for my final,” junior, Brady Smith said about the study jam this past Monday. The smell of fresh hot chocolate drew the students’ attention and was a welcome addition to the atmosphere. So many students that attended that some had to sit outside the library.

The night was a blast, so many students were helped and so many had a great time! Thank you to AVID for hosting this event.

If you have any questions about study jams or are interested in joining AVID, make sure to stop by Mr. Button’s room in D-11.

About the Writer
Jacob Williams, Editor

Jacob Williams (12) has been on the NHS journalism staff for 4 years (2015-2019) and is into Norco's sports and events on campus.