Muncheon Luncheon

Back to Article
Back to Article

Muncheon Luncheon

Marley Morales, Reporter

On November 13th, Norco High’s ASB hosted their first Muncheon Luncheon for this school year.

For those of you who don’t know, Muncheon Luncheon is a school-wide event where our peers and faculty nominate the students around them as candidates for doing good deeds. If you are nominated as a candidate, then you receive an invitation to spend your lunchtime with the other candidates who are also being recognized for the good they do on our campus or in the community. The school provides you with a special meal, and you play fun games relating to the theme of the event.

The theme of November’s Muncheon Luncheon was “Care and Kindness” and was decided on by 10th grader Emily Yaish. “We decided on the theme care and kindness because it was so close to Thanksgiving we thought it fit well with this time of year,” stated Yaish. Emily worked hard every day to make this event go as smooth as it did, gathering her nominees, choosing meals, sending invites, choosing a date, and planning. “I think this event brings the school together because it gives teachers and students a reason to stop and think about who has made an impact on them or the school and gives recognition to people who go the extra mile to do something good.”

Students and teachers that attend attend Muncheon Luncheon are known to have a great time, playing games and spending time together. Since this year’s Muncheon Luncheon took place in November, the game that was decided on was Thanksgiving Trivia.

Be sure to keep an eye out for the next Muncheon Luncheon nomination slips, this is clearly an event you don’t want to miss out on!

Photo Credit: Mrs. Cindy Lee