What We’re Thankful For.

Back to Article
Back to Article

What We’re Thankful For.

Jake Dailey, Website Editor

As we approach the holiday season, here at Norco High we take a look at what we are thankful for. Reaching out to teachers and staff, we found out what was closest to their hearts.
Mr. Ibbetson shared,  “I am thankful for all of the wonderful people that make up our Norco High School Family. Their generosity, care, positivity, and perseverance reaffirm my belief in great friends being able to overcome any and all challenges together. Celebrate all of our commonness, seek to listen and understand our unique differences, and grow together.” Mr. LeDuc said, “I’m grateful that my family and I have good health (knock on wood).”

🦃 Mr. Button- “I am thankful for the four great kids my wife and I raised. They have been successful in life and I am very proud of them.”

🦃  Mrs. Hamersma- “I am thankful for the privilege to teach some really great students.”

🦃  Mr. Williams- “I am thankful to have a job I love.”

🦃  Ms. Mong- I am grateful for “My grandparents still being alive, my amazing nephews, my friends/family, laughter, my health, books, movies, the ocean and beach, hiking/mountains, tennis, the ability to continue to learn, love, airplanes so I can go see my family, quality time with my friends/family( good conversation), bed, dogs/animals, my creativity, and apples (food in general).”

🦃  Mrs. Rowan- “I am thankful to have been married to my husband of 40 years, my 3 children, 7 grandchildren (soon to have my 8th), and especially that I have my dad (Pappy Wappy) that I can call and make frequent visits to.”

🦃  Mrs. Leonti- “I am thankful for the love and support of my family.”

🦃  Mr. Miller- “I am thankful I can still hug my family and tell them I love them.”

🦃  Mrs Chirino- “I am thankful for my “health, family, fur baby, and having a home that is my own.”

🦃  Mrs. Relatores- “I am thankful to work with the amazing, awesome staff members here at Norco High School.”

🦃  Ms. Munoz- “Even though I no longer have my mom and dad, I am thankful I have so many wonderful memories of them.”

🦃  Mrs. Mikhail- “I’m thankful for my loving and supportive family, my job, and my faith! I’m thankful for everyone that I know and work with because I learn and grow from every interaction!”

🦃  Mrs. Castillo- “I am thankful for my good health, I’m happy that my children are happily married and doing well. I am happy that my son is home for the holidays and I get to see the grandbabies! I am thankful for my friends at work, church, and longtime friends, and I am thankful that my husband is the kind of man who doesn’t mind cooking and running errands for me, especially when I forget things at home!”

🦃  Mr. Smith- “I am thankful for my health! It is what allows me to enjoy the little things. All the money in the world is useless if you don’t feel well enough to enjoy spending it.”

🦃  Mrs. Dagrossa- “I am so thankful to be teaching at Norco High School!”

🦃  Mrs. Sanzari- “I am thankful the sun rises, I can get out of bed every day and have people who love me. We should not take these things for granted.”

🦃  Mrs. McCullough- “I am thankful for family, friends, freedom & football!”

🦃  Mrs. Celestin- “I am thankful for my students and their diversity. I feel so blessed to be able to work in a place where I get to learn just as much (if not more) from them, as they do from me! They bring me bundles of joy. I am also thankful for my husband and his undying support. He helps me grow everyday and has taught me the true meaning of contentment, and for that I am forever grateful.”

🦃  Mrs. Farias- “I’m thankful for my students that challenge me daily, but also show me so much love and respect.”

🦃  Mrs. Schierbeek- “I am thankful for forgiveness.”

🦃  Mr. Titterud- “I’m thankful for all people that are kind, respectful and tolerant before they are defensive and/or judgmental.”

🦃 Mrs. Reisbig- “I am thankful for the wonderful diversity of inquiry that my students exhibit each day.”

🦃 Ms. Arias- “I am very thankful for all the beautiful souls in my life that have helped me through the toughest moments this year!”

Well wishes to all this break. The Cougar Chronicle staff  hope you all relax, find time for what you love, and enjoy the little things in life. Happy Thanksgiving from the Cougar Chronicle staff. -Ms. Jacobs, Kylie Armstrong, Candace Cortez, Ryan Curtis, Jake Dailey, Davide Scrofano, Jacob Williams

About the Writer
Jake Dailey, Website Editor

Jake Dailey (12) joined journalism this year (2018-2019) and is interested in technology and history. His hobbies include playing video games and reading.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “What We’re Thankful For.”

1. Trisha Sanzari on November 16th, 2018 9:21 am

Well done! Even though these are many different ideas in many different voices, it has a great flow.

2. Trisha Sanzari on November 16th, 2018 11:18 am

Thank you so much. The various quotes are arranged so that there is a nice flow to the whole piece. Well done!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Ben Gonzalez Track

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Home Stretch

• School News

ROTC’s Brand New Major

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Muncheon Luncheon

• What We’re Thankful For.

Arts & Leisure

“Celebrating Art” Art Winners

• School News

Career Center

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Honors Choir

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Day of the Dead Face Painting Contest

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Athlete of the Month, Parker Knoph – October

• What We’re Thankful For.

School News

Blue Diamond Brigade Parades Down Disneyland

What We’re Thankful For.