• December 14You can now click on the ad to be redirected to the website for Rancho Taco Shop!

Step Up to Your Career Day

Candace Cortez, Writer

On October 10th, different people with a variety of careers visited Norco High to explain what their job is and what it took to get to where they are. Each grade level did something different to get an overall idea of life after high school.

Freshman were in the cafeteria playing mini games. Teachers also presented more than five colleges. The staff taught the freshman how to survive high school and life.

Sophomores went into different classrooms to take the PSAT. They were divided and went into classrooms by last name.

Juniors went around the school to different classrooms to meet and hear speakers sharing their careers. Juniors listened to different guest speakers with jobs ranging from a band director to a YouTube personality.

Seniors began the day in the gym to talk to guests about jobs, colleges and universities, life expenses and college admissions. They took part in a simulation where they learned about earning money, paying bills, and budgeting. Most had completed the FAFSA or created an academic resume which allowed them to passport out for the second half of the day to see guest speakers.

Some organizations that visited Norco High this week were American Airlines, Norco College, California State University of San Bernardino and Fullerton, Drive on NBC Sports and Grand Canyon University.

Photo Credit: Mrs. Hurd

About the Writer
Candace Cortez, Website Editor

Candace Cortez (9) joined journalism this year (2018-2019), some of her hobbies include being outside, photography, videography, and working with computers....