Corona Relay for Life

Ryan Curtis, Writer

Some Norco High staff and students are participating in the Corona Relay for Life. The Corona Relay for Life is an event that happens every year; it raises awareness and funds for cancer patients and their treatments.

This year’s event is on May 18th and 19th from 9am to 9am. It takes place in Santana Park, 598 Santana Way Corona, CA.

This is the second year Norco High has participated in this event, had less time last year because we joined late to honor someone we lost that was dear to us, Norco High teacher Debra Schleuning, who died from leukemia. It is sad how she went, because she died only a month after being diagnosed.

Mrs. Schleuning

“We wanted to honor her by participating and raising awareness and funds in her honor” said Ms. Bosquez. At the event, there will be a 24 hour walk on the same dates. “Cancer never rests, so neither will we”

Last year, Norco High earned 3rd place for raising funds among all the schools in the area, an amazing feat taking into consideration that we joined 2 months in. They hope that they will raise more this year.

Norco High has a booth at the event, raffling away baskets filled with various goodies. This works well with Corona Relay for Life’s theme this year, Vegas. All funds made will go to raising awareness and funding support services and treatment for cancer patients.

Everyone is invited to join the team, staff and students alike. Contact Ms. Bosquez or Mrs. Miller if you do want to join.

Below: Claire Johnson, a student here at Norco High, recently won a t-shirt design contest for relay for life.

If you want to donate money, but don’t want to participate in a relay, you can go to their website and donate there.
Relay For Life