• March 7You can now order yearbooks from the window at activities!

• February 19Senior t-shirts and sweatshirts are still on sale, visit activities during lunch to purchase one

• February 14AP Exam registration and ordering are now open online. Registration closes on Feb. 22nd

A Fond Farewell to Meagan Norman

Jacob Williams, Writer

Norco Alumnus, Meagan Norman, passed away on January 1, 2019. She will be dearly missed by her family, friends, and Norco High.

Jaclyn Grable, Meagan’s friend and sister-in-law, had this to say about Meagan and how she influenced her and how she was an impact in her life:

“Meagan was truly a ray of sunshine. I had the pleasure of knowing Meagan for the last 23 years, 1st as my brother’s girlfriend, and then as my sister. Meagan, lived each day to the fullest and would spread love and joy amongst all who she came in contact with. My brother would always have the pleasure of watching my sister and I as kids, which also meant Meagan did too. She would show us nothing but love, even when we would sneak up on her and my brother. Meagan quickly became more than just my brother’s girlfriend; she became a sister that I loved dearly. From running to her when I was a little girl after falling down trick or treating, to running to her as a teenager and then as an adult asking for life advice. She had a great way of always finding the bright side of things and putting a smile on everyone’s face. She always had a comeback, something witty to say.  Thankfully, her daughter got that trait from her. We would tell jokes back and forth and I would literally have to look them up on Google before coming back at her. She would laugh, acting like I was funny, knowing that she had an even better one to crush mine.”

“She would give the greatest advice about life, marriage, friendships, and so much more. I feel honored to have had such a great role model and as much time as I did with her, so here are some of her life tips so you can try and live the beautiful life she lived. In life, always find the peace and happiness in each day. You create your own sunshine. In marriage, make each other a priority. Next, is friendships. Don’t hold onto grudges. Life is short, so put your party pants on and enjoy!”

“Meagan was a loving mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, niece, cousin, and all around amazing person. Whenever you needed something, Meagan was there. She will be dearly missed by so many and will forever remain in our hearts.”

“When life gets you down, put your party pants on. You create your own sunshine.”

In a recent interview with NHS language arts teacher, Mrs.Celestin, she reflected on Meagans’ life and their relationship. “She was a positive influence, like a mom, everything was in her purse, she almost forced you to see things for the good. She was optimistic, everything was always fun with her.” Her memories with Meagan include, “the time I had to sub for an orange grove class and walked in and everybody thought I was the old teacher, she came down and helped me teach her students.”

Meagan’s cousin, Caryn Zehnder, had this to say about Meagan’s attitude and her relationships with others:

“Meagan’s number one priority in life is her perfect, precious family. Justin and Meagan’s love story could have been fit for a novel. When they said, “I do,” they had a decade of being together under their belts. While relationships can be tough at times, Justin and Meagan had a way of making it look effortless to those around them. The love they shared is uncommonly rare. They were truly meant for each other.”

“Meagan was born to be a mom. She took joy in all the things that came with being a mommy.  She knew how important it was to enjoy the little moments. She was brilliant at coming up with creative ways to entertain her children, Juliya and Jake. She always had a craft they could create together, or a fun game that would keep them busy for hours. She was always affectionate and loving, from big bear hugs and snuggles at night to complimenting them on a job well done. Meagan wanted her babies to be happy above all else. All that mattered was that she was raising happy little munchkins!?”
“Meagan’s positive attitude was contagious! She was both extremely smart and light-hearted, which made her instantly lovable. Her smile brightened the lives of all who saw it. Meagan had a unique ability to look at situations in unconventional ways that would make you appreciate and love her that much more. Meagan was the most generous, humble, kind-hearted, and selfless person who will live on in our hearts forever.”

Meagan played basketball at Norco High and was “fierce” on the court. She was also, “hippie” like; she loved listening to music and loved sunflowers.

Meagan will be dearly missed by everyone that was around her. She was always a positive influence to go to and will forever be in our hearts. R.I.P. Meagan.

About the Writer
Jacob Williams, Editor

Jacob Williams (12) has been on the NHS journalism staff for 4 years (2015-2019) and is into Norco's sports and events on campus.